I discovered a neat (free) little tool for visualizing inkle patterns. You decide how many threads, then color in the squares from the palette. it shows you a preview of the pattern. Very helpful for trying different effects.
The Sydney Weavers’ Guild will be holding 2 workshops in Sydney in September 2012 with Robyn Spady. The brochures and registration forms are attached.
If you have any questions you can reach Janet Dawson by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 902-539-0575.
Have you checked out the courses on offer at NSCCD this spring? There are more fibre related goodies than I’ve ever seen before! And many of them are taught by ASH members.
In the weaving arena there are 4 (FOUR!!) choices. It makes me giddy!
- Introduction to Weaving with Nancy Boyne
- Drawing at the Loom with Laura Chiasson
- Simply SAORI and also Woven Shibori with Janet Sponagle Hopper
Then there’s a Spinning on the Edge course from Elinor Crosby.
And if you feel like straying afield from the usual ASH focuses, there are courses on silk painting, embroidery, needle-felting and bead-weaving. And those are just the fibre-related offerings.
I’m very excited about this current course list. I’ll be taking 2 of the above courses myself. Maybe I’ll see you there?
We decided to celebrate Weaving and Spinning Week by making a contest out of reading Loomsong. The first one to figure out how the pages were put together wins a beautiful pile of thrums from my special stash. OK, OK, it was actually a major error on the part of the printers which wasn’t caught by them or us before it was sent out. They are reprinting it at no charge. In order to avoid paying for mailing them all out a second time, we have 3 options available to you:
- the pdf (link) is available on our website in the correct order. You can print it off.
- we will bring the correct print copies to Fibre Day on Saturday and the meeting next Thursday for you to pick up.
- we can mail it to anyone who does not choose the above options. If you want it mailed to you, please send an email with your name and address to Jennifer at email@example.com No mailings will be done before the next meeting and all mailing requests must be to Jennifer by October 21.