Membership runs for one year from the date of joining. Benefits of membership include:
- our monthly newsletter LoomSong
- bi-annual sample packs with woven, spun or dyed samples and discussion of how they were made.
- access to a library of books about weaving, spinning. dyeing and other fibre arts
- monthly hands on sessions that focus in more depth on a variety of weaving and spinning techniques
- weaving and spinning equipment available for loan
- ability to advertise items for sale in Loomsong and via email
- full access to this website
Our guild has several different types of memberships.
- Individual Membership
- Full membership with all privileges
- Associate Membership
- LoomSong and most web access. This is meant for other guilds and groups.
- Student Membership
- Full membership with all privileges at a discount. Proof of student status required. To obtain a student discount, you’ll need a coupon code. A coupon code will be issued upon request when proof of student status is received.
- To provide proof of status, please either:
- show your student card to the Membership Chair at the next business meeting.
- email a picture of your student card to email@example.com
- You are welcome to register as a Subscriber while waiting for your coupon code. When you receive the code, log in and join ASH.
- Family Membership
- Full membership with all privileges. Only a single issue of each hardcopy correspondence, such as LoomSong or samples, is sent to a family address. The first family member joins at full price. Subsequent family members pay only $10 each. This is valid only for people living at the same address. All memberships will expire on the earliest membership date.
- Here’s how to signup:
- To obtain a Family membership, one person should sign-up for an Individual membership.
- That member should contact the Membership Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the email address(es) of each person who will share in the Family membership.
- The Chair will forward a coupon code to those specified by the primary membership holder.
- Each coupon-holder will signup for a Family membership using his or her coupon code.
- This is a web only status and not membership in ASH per se. It’s free and allows you greater access to our website than someone who is not logged in. It is easily converted to a full ASH membership at any time. If you intend to take advantage of any of our discount memberships, you are welcome to sign up as a Subscriber in the meantime.
How to Join
Paying the Fee
Click the ‘Join Now’ tab and choose the right membership option for you. The button will take you to the PayPal site so that you can make your payment (except for the free Subscriber account). A PayPal account is required. But don’t worry! If you don’t have an account you’ll be offered an opportunity to get one. Once you’re done there, PayPal will send a receipt to the email you used when dealing with PayPal.
Filling out the Form
While that’s happening you’ll be sent to the ASH profile form. If, for some reason, this doesn’t happen, it’s alright: you can use the link in that PayPal receipt email to get to the form.
We admit it, this form isn’t typical. We need your contact information so that we can mail samples and LoomSong to you. We promise we’ll be careful with it. We also ask about the kinds of fibre-y things you enjoy. This helps us shape the programs we offer, the books we buy, the seminars we give. The more you tell us, the better the guild will suit you..
You will have access to everything that you’ve told us through your profile. You can update your profile whenever you wish. This is especially important if your contact information changes. Your profile tells us where to send your LoomSong.
Alternative Signup Methods
If, for some reason, our regular sign-up method isn’t right for you, we have 2 alternatives:
Register online and pay in person
You can fill out the ASH website registration form here. This will allow you to see most of the content on the website and you’ll be able to leave comments on most of what you see. To unlock your full ASH membership, you’ll need to arrange to remit your dues to the Membership chair. You can use the contact form here to arrange that.
Register on paper and pay in person
Paper registration forms are available from the Membership chair, through the contact form here. There will also be some available at the September and October meetings each year. Or you can just download and print this one.
If you have already have an account on this website, please log in before you join ASH. That way you’ll be able to keep your current account and user name.
|Family Membership||$30.00 + $10/add’l person|